Paying for fertility treatments can be an emotional and financial ordeal. It's tempting to think that you'll have more time to save up if you put off the procedure until your thirties or even your forties, but in reality, as your egg supply shrinks with age, so will your chances of success. As the best IVF center in Indore, we can say that egg quality is generally considered a more important determinant of success in assisted reproductive technology than age.
While younger women tend to produce more eggs, the potential of each egg declines with age. The eggs a 20-year-old produces are typically stronger and have less chromosomal abnormalities than those a 40-year-old has to offer. The older a woman gets, the less likely she is to get pregnant even if her ovaries are healthy.
In 2015, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released egg freezing guidelines. They recognize that egg freezing has shown more promise than ever before in offering women the potential to reproduce later in life.
The 10 reasons listed below are based on data from human trials and present the best-case scenario for someone with healthy ovaries who freezes her eggs at age: 20 30, or 35.
1. Less hormonal stimulation: For women who undergo in vitro fertilization, egg freezing requires less time on fertility hormones than a fresh cycle. That means fewer side effects and potentially earlier recovery during your embryo transfer.
2. Peace of mind: If you're having trouble conceiving, egg freezing allows you to step away from the pressures of treatment and gain some perspective.
3. Flexibility: Egg thawing has been proven safe for pregnancy attempts later in life; however, there is no proof that a frozen egg turn into a healthy baby with better odds than fresh eggs.
4. Estate planning: Egg freezing provides options for your future reproductive needs.
5. Family building: If you have a partner, egg freezing allows you to consider having more children than you might be able to with only his sperm or your eggs.
6. Career planning: You may spend years trying to advance in a career before deciding that parenthood is the most important thing in life. Egg freezing allows you to stop and start again at any point in life.
7. Alternatives: If you undergo a hysterectomy or cancer treatment that damages your reproductive organs, egg freezing offers an alternative method of preserving your fertility.
Egg freezing is an option that extends the time you have to plan for your family and gives you back a sense of control over your destiny. The Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART) reported in 2016 that more than 1,000 babies had been born from frozen eggs since 2000, and their success rates are on par with IVF cycles using fresh eggs. Visit our IVF center in Indore to know more.
- Latest Posts
- Best IVF Center in MG Road
- Best IVF Center in Saket Nagar
- Best IVF Center in Shivaji Nagar
- Best IVF Center in Vijay Nagar
- Best IVF Center in Sapna Sangeeta Road
- Best IVF Center in Race Course Road
- Best IVF Center in Annapurna Road
- The Fertility Treatment Options Available For Couples
- 6 Tips to Enhance Your Fertility
- How Much IVF Cost in Indore?
- 5 Things You Need To Know Before Trying IVF
- 7 Reasons To Freeze Your Eggs
- The IVF Process Explained
- What Are The Common Symptoms Of PCOS And Why There Is Still Hope?
- How To Take Care Of Yourself After Embryo Transfer?