The process of in vitro fertilization involves several steps and embryo transfer is the last one. The success of an IVF procedure largely depends on how embryo transfer was done by your IVF specialist. There are many women out there who wonder about ways to take care of themselves after an embryo transfer. They wonder if they are required to comply with specific lifestyle, nutrition, in order for pregnancy to occur. These are the reasons why we have come up with this blog post. In this blog post, you will learn about a couple of tips that a woman following an embryo transfer should abide by. So, without wasting a moment further, let us get started:
A few minutes are needed to transfer an embryo into a woman’s body. In most cases, embryo transfer takes place without anesthesia; however, in some cases, a local anesthesia may be required. Following the embryo transfer, your IVF specialist will ask you to lie on a gynecological chair for 15-20 minutes, then go to the ward and rest for an hour on the bed in a comfortable position. You should not worry that the embryo can "fall out" while moving.
Like we said earlier, embryo transfer is a matter of only a few minutes and it is painless. Following an embryo transfer, the patients may experience the following symptoms:
- Slight dizziness, nausea, and weakness
- Frequent urination, not accompanied by discomfort and pain
- Sub-febrile temperature
- Discomfort in the mammary glands
- Change in taste and olfactory perception, etc.
The factors that lead to the above-mentioned symptoms can be many, including hormonal stimulation of the ovaries, maintenance therapy, or the psychological state of the expectant mother worried about the results of the procedure.
What To Do At Home After Transplant?
There is nothing as such a special regimen to be followed after embryo transfer by a woman. However, it would be a good idea to avoid physical activity as much as possible for the day after embryo transfer. Do not drive yourself or take public transport from the hospital to your home following embryo transfer. Either hire a private taxi or ask your partner to drive you home. Once you are at home, follow the below-outlined instruction:
- Avoid stress and any negative emotions
- Lead a moderately active life
- For 1-2 weeks, do not visit saunas, baths, pools, and open water bodies
The successful implantation and subsequent development of the child also rely on your nutrition. Your fetus gets all the required nutrients necessary for its proper development only through the food that you take. So, it would be better to ask your IVF specialist to suggest you a proper diet plan. If you need further information, please feel free to get in touch with us.
- Latest Posts
- Best IVF Center in MG Road
- Best IVF Center in Saket Nagar
- Best IVF Center in Shivaji Nagar
- Best IVF Center in Vijay Nagar
- Best IVF Center in Sapna Sangeeta Road
- Best IVF Center in Race Course Road
- Best IVF Center in Annapurna Road
- The Fertility Treatment Options Available For Couples
- 6 Tips to Enhance Your Fertility
- How Much IVF Cost in Indore?
- 5 Things You Need To Know Before Trying IVF
- 7 Reasons To Freeze Your Eggs
- The IVF Process Explained
- What Are The Common Symptoms Of PCOS And Why There Is Still Hope?
- How To Take Care Of Yourself After Embryo Transfer?