What is ICSI Treatment?
ICSI stands for Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection. This procedure involves the introduction of sperm directly into the cytoplasm of the egg to obtain viable embryos, with the help of which it is possible to overcome infertility. The ICSI procedure is carried out within the framework of IVF. Fertilization in this case is conducted outside the woman's body. IVF is used for female infertility and gives good results. But, if the problem is in the sperm, ICSI is the best option. ICSI treatment in Indore provides a high fertilization result, much higher than with conventional IVF, and is recommended for patients with low sperm quality.
When ICSI Treatment in Recommended
The ICSI treatment is often recommended in Indore in case of male infertility. Low sperm count, the absence of sperm during ejaculate, poor sperm motility, a high percentage of sperm with abnormal morphology, high levels of antibodies against sperm, two or more unsuccessful IVF history, thickening of the egg membrane are some of the conditions that arise the need for ICSI treatment. For couples who can expect a low fertilization rate with standard IVF, for example, patients with severe endometriosis may also be recommended for an ICSI treatment.
What Are the Stages Involved In ICSI Treatment
Infertility treatment with IVF and ICSI method involves the below-mentioned stages:
- Stimulation of the ovaries to obtain several oocytes that will participate in ICSI;
- Extraction of mature eggs for ICSI;
- A sperm sample for ICSI is taken from the previously obtained sperm of a man;
- By injection, the selected sperm is injected into the cytoplasm of the egg.
- The fertilized oocytes are monitored for 2-3 days. On the day of transfer, specialists select the most viable pre-embryos and place them in the woman's uterus;
What Are the Advantages of ICSI Treatment in Indore
The ICSI procedure was developed in 1992 and is widely used today for male factor infertility. Among the advantages of the ICSI methods are:
- You can conceive a child even with low sperm quality & other disorders;
- the chances of giving birth to a healthy baby increase
- a child born after IVF with ICSI is not inferior to peers either in physical or mental development
At Dr. Sushmita Mukherjee’s IVF center, there are advanced facilities for ICSI. All the steps are conducted by qualified ICSI specialists. A personalized plan and focus on results present our patients with high chances of success - pregnancy and the birth of a long-awaited child. To find more information about ICSI treatment in Indore, get in touch with us.